Call for DemosFG2018 will host a demo session to give researchers the opportunity to showcase live demonstrations of their contributions. The demonstrations are intended to be interactive and display new algorithms, methods, technologies, and system prototypes. The demonstrations are not limited to papers being presented at the conference, although demonstration of work published at FG2018 or its workshops is encouraged. The primary requirement is that the topic of the demo falls within the broad context of face and gesture recognition and their applications.
We particularly invite researchers working in innovative startups or industrial Research & Development to submit their most recent technologies or even a work-in-progress prototype to further engage with the community. Demos from academic/research institutions are also welcome. The participation in FG 2018 is a great opportunity to showcase systems and technologies to a venue that attracts psychologists, computer and data scientists and practitioners. Demo presenters will benefit from the feedback of the most renowned scientists in the field. Some of them may be willing to be the beta testers.
- Live demos are required in this demo session. Other formats of demonstration such as video recordings or slide shows might be accepted only exceptional cases.
- At least one presenter for each demo must be registered for the conference.
- The displays of commercial products cannot be accepted as demos, but only as part of the exhibition program.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
- One page abstract: The abstract should include (a) title, (b) authors and affiliations; (c) a brief background introduction and description of the system, (c) a summary of the technical contributions of the system, (d) results of a formal evaluation (if applicable) or an experiment to be conducted during the demo (if applicable).
- A URL link to a video recording or screen shots demonstrating how the system works.
- A detailed description of the technical setup and requirements for the demo.
Prospective demo participants should fill out a demo application form to upload their application.
Each demonstration application will be reviewed and selected based on its scientific contribution, originality and innovation, social impact, potential for widespread use and relevance to the topics of FG.
The demos will be included in the conference proceedings as one page abstracts, and will be considered for Best Demo Award, sponsored by FG2018.
Application deadline: extended to March, 2 2018
Acceptance notification: extended to March 5, 2018
Camera-ready demo description (one page): extended to March 7, 2018
For further information about demos please contact FG2018 Demo & Exhibition chairs:
Mohammad Mahoor (email@example.com)
Ehsan Hoque (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Songfan Yang (email@example.com)